Malas In Bloom welcomes you to retreat with founder + creator Tammy Fodrey and co-creator & adventurer Yanai Calderon in the heart of Joshua Tree for a wild + raw women's-only weekend getaway!
This soulful retreat is influenced and centered by the power of women, community, connection and nature.
Spirit-seekers far and wide have found the desert to be a sacred place to quiet the mind, replenish the soul, and explore a deeper awareness of spirit. Joshua Tree is one of the best places for stargazing in the country (and the planet!) The reason is that the Park is located in the High Desert (3000-5000 ft above sea level) and it is located far from major cities (which create light pollution).
As we gather a tribe of heart-centered, soul-filled, inspiring women, together we will create a safe and sacred space to heal, transform and thrive.. raising each other up along the way! We have so much in store for you. Here's what you can look forward to::
- Yoga flows for all levels that include breath work, meditation + engaging messages. A nurturing blend of Ashtanga-influenced Vinyasa yoga + gentle Yin yoga, with a focus on pranayama.
- A scenic hike through the breathtaking Joshua Trees National Park. With miles of Joshua Trees, warm breezes, and ancient rock formations - this is the perfect landscape to deepen your spiritual practice.
- Malas + Meditation Mala Workshop - A full chakra meditation, crystal healing education, and the opportunity to design and handcraft your own set of mala beads to use as a tool in your daily meditation. All materials included - over 20 semiprecious gemstones offered.
- Clean eating on site with Wellness Retreat Chef Jenny and co-founder of Al'Fresko. Jenny will create healthy, energizing meals that nourish the body from the inside out!
DETAILS: THE INDIGO HAUS
This 1952 mid-century home has been beautifully restored and is surrounded by open desert, situated on 2,500 acres of land.
There are 4 options for accommodations during your 2-night retreat:
OPTION 1 : WILD WOMEN GLAMPING | $450
Connect to mother earth and be immersed in a sky full of stars and to the sounds of nature. If you have ever wanted to try solo-camping, we encourage this option for you. You will feel supported and safe in your adventure to try something new. Yanai is an avid hiker, adventurer and solo camper and eager to guide women to feel safe, empowered and adventurous outside of their comfort zone. You will have full access to the house and communal bathrooms. There is also an outdoor shower for the free-spirited.
OPTION 2 : COMMUNAL/IN-HOUSE | $595
This retreat option is for communal, in-house living. Air mattresses are included.
OPTION 3 : PRIVATE DOUBLE BED | $795
This retreat option is for a private bedroom with a double bed.
OPTION 4 : PRIVATE BED + 1 (DOUBLE OCCUPANCY) | $1295
This retreat option is for One King or Queen Bed and is intended to be shared with your +1 soul sister for a discounted rate. Please note that the master bath will be one of two communal bathrooms.
*Note for those that choose communal and tent accommodations: Please bring your own tent, sleeping bags, pillows, blankets, etc.
FRIDAY APRIL 21
- 3 pm : Meet and Greet
- 4:30 pm - 6pm : Time to allow to pitch tents and organize accommodations
- 6:30 pm : Sunset Desert Flow with Tammy + Yanai
- 8 pm : Buffet-style dinner
SATURDAY APRIL 22
- 7 am : Morning Sunrise Flow with Yanai
- 9 am : Healthy, power-filled breakfast
- 10 am - 1 pm : Malas + Meditation Mala Workshop with Tammy Fodrey
- 1 pm - 3 pm : Lunch on your own/self-reflection time
- 3 pm : Carpool to Joshua Tree National Park for afternoon hike through the park
- 7 pm : Nutritious dinner
- 8 pm : Bonfire Healing Circle
SUNDAY APRIL 23
- 7:30 am : Morning Meditation/Flow with Tammy + Yanai
- 9 am : Light breakfast
- 10 am : Departure
With a genuine personality and a playful yet grounded attitude, Tammy Fodrey speaks to the spirit inside each of her students. Tammy uses practical application of yoga postures with strong, engaging messages to encourage her students to break free from self-imposed limitations and create every opportunity to grow and thrive in life and on the mat. As an experienced yoga practitioner and teacher, Tammy inspires her students to stimulate self-awareness, vitality, and connection through breath-to-movement vinyasa flow. Tammy is a dedicated mother, yogi, and holistic wellness ambassador whose ultimate goal is to find to grace and ease, while helping others do the same. She is the founder of Malas In Bloom intentional jewelry, and offers group classes, facilitates workshops, and teaches private sessions in her community.
"My definition of holistic has evolved over the last ten years quite a bit, and is ever-changing/non-judgemental and true to self. I love to drink green juice almost as much as I love my first sip of coffee in the morning. I chant to Deva Premal, but I love to crank up the hip-hop when I need a sweaty yoga flow. I'm a modern Social Entrepreneur who enjoys Eastern Mysticism. I've given up rigidity for steadiness and ease. I meditate. I pray. I hustle.. and I put my effort into doing it with grace. We are all on different paths to learning what feeds our soul and what doesn't. Whatever your path is - you are safe here. You are safe with me."
CONNECT WITH TAMMY @MALAS_IN_BLOOM
Yanai left her hometown of Miami in 2008, searching for new beginnings, while grieving the loss of her mother. It was during this solitude and mourn that she found yoga, connected to nature, and began to heal and learn the art of "letting go". She found internal peace in being present and living for the moment.
Yanai, or 'Gypsy Nai' as many refer to her, because of her nature to roam the earth, is a passionate self-explorer, writer, visionary, seeker of the unknown, and a wanderer of all things wild and free. When she is not working in the ER as a nurse, you can find her traveling, road tripping up the coast, climbing mountains or adventuring amidst mother earth. Yoga and nature has provided a safe haven for her to break her heart open. As a natural born healer, she feels called to guide others into the journey of self-love, letting go, connecting to the rawest and purest beat of our hearts, stripping away our fears and empowering women to break away from their comfort zones to find their wild. Her flows are wildly inspired by nature, merging breath and movement to create space and stillness to surrender to what is and letting go of what was. She weaves thought-provoking meditation & encourages growth of the physical, mental and spiritual bodies. You will be inspired with a new breath for life. To her, life is an adventure, so get ready to spread your wings and fly.